Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What the h-e-double hockey sticks am I thinking??

Yep - its me, again. This time I have decided to blog about my latest adventure: Homeschooling my 3 kids. I must be crazy or a glutton for punishment - take your pick. In order to maintain some sort of sanity I will randomly post pictures and blurbs about this new thing I am doing. 
I thought I would let you know how the first week of homeschool is shaping up:

Saturday August 14 7:45 pm: My youngest son fell off the table and gave himself a frenectomy (he cut that thing that connects your top lip to the gums).

Sunday August 15 2:45 am: I climbed into bed

Sunday August 15 7 am: I fell asleep

Sunday August 15 9 AM: I woke up and got ready for church. I went and taught a lesson in church. Not sure it made any sense, but the ladies liked it (or so they said)

Sunday August 15 12pm - 8pm: I was at work

Monday began school. What with an incredibly exciting weekend I could only hope that it was a preview to all the exciting things I could expect this school year. I was not to be disappointed. Our "Welcome To School" orientation lasted all of 45 minutes before the school's administration decided to cancel: this was due to the fact that the online conference system we used couldn't support all 6000 students/families logging in at the same time. That's okay - I went to the dentist instead.

Tuesday was even more exciting as I drove my children to a field trip - we went and visited the Cabbage Patch Land Hospital! It was cool, except I was super creeped out by the gigantic Cabbage Patch doll they had walking around. Well, that and a kid who wasn't old enough to drive delivered Mother Cabbage...

Today was okay. I spent most of it on the computer listening to teacher after teacher tell me "it wasn't going to be like this forever" and "it will get better." 

I believe them, I think. 

In the meantime, I am thinking to myself, "and I'm doing this because...?"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're amazing! I blogged about homeschool recently at someone's request. I'm planning on doing it myself... but boy am I scared! Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete