Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today I Just Might Kill Someone

While my brain had every intention of waking up on time today (remember priority #1?) my body had other plans. This past weekend was even more eventful than last, and while none of my family ended up in the hospital, I did get to spend some time with the authorities in my bathrobe at an awful time in the early morning (living in an apartment complex is never boring!) With the fact that this wildly crazy adventure occured on Thursday night and had lasting consequences through out the weekend I overslept this morning. It was okay though - I figured we could just jump right into the schedule and make up for lost time. When noon rolled around and I hadn't even begun lessons I knew I should just give up, but, I didn't. I persisted through and at 1 o'clock I began my 2 older children on math and attempted to teach my younger child that "A says a as in apple" - what should have been about an hour lasted almost 3. During those 3 hours not only did I build an alligator and administer 2 math tests I also dealt with:

Someone getting electrocuted and someone else getting shot in the eye. My house is also a immaculate mess.

I love my kids, but today I just might go berserk on somebody.

Please somebody answer my unanswerable question: "And I'm doing this because...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment